Jun 12, 2008

2008 Home Education Conference




This year's Home Education Conference, "When You Walk By The Way," is going to be held at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Oregon.

Dates Friday June 20th & Saturday June 21st
Price: $60 for couple (walk- in registration)
Children $10 each
Grandparents: $10 each

I am praying I get to go this year! One of my favorite authors, Dr. Voddie Baucham, Jr. is the keynote speaker at this year's conference. You don't want to miss him. I haven't heard him speak before but I have heard he is inspiring! to give you a taste of what to expect, he is opening up the conference speaking on "The Centrality of the Home in Evangelism & Discipleship of the Next Generation."

There are so many great looking seminars happening this weekend.
Here are a few that caught my eye:
"Yee Haw! Books for Boys" Jan Bloom
"Information Technology 101: Understanding your Child's Internet World"
by the Generations of Virtue Team
"Dads and lads- Building Lasting Bonds" Gary Bloom
"The Mission-Minded Home School- Releasing Your Family to God's Destiny" Ann Dunagan

Don't forget there are always tons of vendors with curriculum for the next year as well as the Used Curriculum Exchange!

I have to say that if you are thinking about home schooling but not sure, going to a conference like this can be a great way for you to get a taste of the support and resources available as well as getting motivated each year. It can be a little overwhelming for some people but I personally wouldn't make any decision without going.

Hope to see you there! If the baby isn't born yet!

1 comment:

  1. You know I love conferences, but I'm gonna have to miss this one ;-) haha, jk.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.