Oct 2, 2008

Too Many Tomatoes




Any body have any recipes to share that I can use to preserve my tomatoes???

I ran outside tonight during our first big down pour (that lasted 5-10 minutes) to rescue my largest harvest of tomatoes.

I hope I get to harvest the other hundred. We'll see if we keep getting rain they might go bad. Chickens will sure love them!

3 comments:

  1. my sister, Megan, is learning this year how to preserve them in the freezer so she does not have to buy canned ones throughout the year. you should hop over to her blog and leave her a comment question. i bet she would have some tips! I will let her know you were asking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are freezing ours! I found a couple helpful sites online teaching me how to prepare tomatoes for the freezer, and it isn't very hard! Tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and spaghetti sauce! It looks like your garden was very successful! Nice work :)

    Here are some of the sites that helped me if you are interested.
    http://www.pickyourown.org/freezingtomatoes.htm
    http://www.grannymillerblog.blogspot.com/2008/08/canning-freezing-tomatoes.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay over at passionatehomemaking.com just posted a couple weeks ago about canning tomatoes. Maybe you can get some ideas over there~
    http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/?s=canning
    Her post was on Sept. 26, Simple Saturdays. I am new to your blog, and I am enjoying it~ thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.